Run Specialty Brand Case Study
66% SALES INCREASE THROUGH AMAZON MARKETING
The run specialty brand we partner with is a leading manufacturer of natural road and trail running shoes. Their shoes deliver the comfort and fit that allow you to move naturally and remain active for a lifetime.
Below are the problems the run specialty brand addressed to us:
- Prior to engaging Weby Corp, the run specialty brand worked with an external marketing agency that created identical content for all listings disregarding differences between various models. As a result, individual models within the brand were competing with each other instead of the brand’s competitors in SEO terms.
- The brand needed a marketing partner with expertise in creating proper listings on Amazon. They needed professionals that could create correct variations of products, with child items properly nestled inside a parent matrix, but available for individual view.
- The run specialty brand needed help updating A+ content with information about newly released models, patterns and overall changes to the catalog.
- The client had a brand growth plan that was dependent on updating its footwear line up every 6 months and needed a marketing partner that could keep up.
- The run specialty brand was looking for more ways to promote their products and grow the overall pie of the brand and needed a partner who could build and execute an advertising strategy for them on Amazon.
- The brand had an Amazon Store that only contained old and discontinued models. As a result their prospective customers had no way of quickly learning about new trends and models in the line up.
Together with the client we pursued the following key goals:
Optimize listings to their maximum performance
Improve products visibility on Amazon
Push brand awareness and customer loyalty
Generate higher sales and revenue
|Our RACE strategy consisted of these four steps designed to help the client generate higher sales on Amazon.|
|R||REACH more potential customers through search engine optimization and advertising.|
|A||ACT actively and use all Amazon interactive tools to make the buying decision easier for the potential customer.|
|C||CONVERT by utilizing all methods to increase the brand’s listings conversion rate.|
|E||ENGAGE customers by establishing and tracking a relationship with customers, building customers loyalty and brand awareness|
Below are the 4 steps explained:
Within this system the Listing Quality Score (LQS) is a calculated value (from 0 to 100), which we count based on a combination of quantitative and qualitative listing parameters that affect the probability to sell goods on Amazon.
- Product Title
- Bullet Points
- Backend Search Terms
We also optimized the backend search terms with queries associated with the brand’s products.
- To enhance the customer’s shopping experience.
- To provide detailed information about model variations and distinctive product features
- To help customers better understand and visualize how the run specialty brand’s products fit their needs.
- To present the products specifications and benefits in an appealing way.
- To tell the brand’s story and help the customers understand the brand’s concept at a deeper level.
Why does Amazon CTR matter?
What impacts CTR?
For the run specialty brand we decided to use the Sponsored Brands advertising tool to achieve the following goals:
Maintain brand equity
Amplify category presence
Support promotion of new models
Touch more customers with the brand
In-depth Keyword Research
- Searching for unique keywords that’ll generate sales
- Monitoring the competitors’ keywords
- Negative keywords research
Developing Advertising Strategies
- Analyzing paid search and display advertising potential
- Developing of performance strategy
- Developing of bid strategy
Campaign Set Up and Management
- Ad creation
- Bid adjustments
- Monitoring and correction of operational performance
We updated Amazon Store for the brand:
- We made changes to the menu to include “Going Away Soon” models.
- We replaced old models with the current ones according to the activity. The client’s Amazon Store represented old and discontinued models, which will no longer be available for purchase.
- We created a unified design for all ‘activity’ tabs to make it easier for the customers to browse through. Our aim was to reach consistency within the Amazon Store view.
- We made changes to the product layout. All links to unavailable products were removed. Instead, we added newly released models to the Amazon Store.
61 -> 75
The average Amazon listing quality Score for the run specialty brand items was improved by 14 points from 61 to 75 (out of ideal 100)
4.91% -> 5.58%
The average Amazon listing conversion improved by 0.67 percentage points, which allows for higher sales
Our (retailer’s) sales raised by 7.5% due to additional orders attributed to Sponsored Brands advertising campaigns.
Our Team’s expertise in Amazon marketing services and listings optimization allowed the brand’s sales to climb by 66% in a 6-months’ time.